Thursday, May 03, 2012

Columbia University MFA Thesis Exhibition

Went to the Columbia University School of the Arts Visual Arts Program 2012 MFA Thesis Exhibition at the Fisher Landau Center in Queens, New York, in the early afternoon of April 29th. I went with my friend Des, who drove his car from Brooklyn to Queens. We met up with Dr. Kaira Cabanas, Lecturer in the History of Art at Columbia University.

I was pretty excited to be driving on Queens Boulevard. I only know about this street because of the fictitious movie, Queens Boulevard, starring "Vincent Chase," in the HBO tv show Entourage, which does star Adrien Grenier. Incidentally, Grenier came to speak at W&L on April 24th.

I must admit that I did not find the art at the thesis exhibition all that interesting. Some of the installations that used motors and electricity were impressive, but more as works of clever engineering than as works of art. The New Yorkers attending the exhibition – now they were interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home